Importing your data from Google Chrome into bitwarden is easy.
The process is exactly the same for Opera and Vivaldi browser users.
Export your Chrome passwords
- Open Chrome and enter
chrome://flags/#password-import-export into the address bar and press enter. This will open the Chrome system flags page.
- Look for the Password import and export option and change the dropdown option to Enabled.
- A prompt will pop up from the bottom asking you to Relaunch Now. Click the button to restart the browser so that the changes can take effect.
- After relaunching the browser, enter
chrome://settings/passwords into the address bar and press enter. This will open a page with all your Saved Passwords for Chrome.
- Locate the Import and Export buttons at the top of the Saved Passwords list.
- Click the Export button. You may be prompted to enter your computer’s password for authorization.
- You’ll then be prompted to save your passwords to a CSV file on your computer. Save this file to your desktop as
Import your passwords into bitwarden
- Go to the bitwarden web vault and log in.
- Navigate to Tools → Import.
- Select Chrome (csv) as the file format and select your
chrome_passwords.csv file from the desktop that you created in step 7 above.
- Click the Import button.
Congratulations! You have just transferred all of your data from Google Chrome into bitwarden.