Importing your data from LastPass into bitwarden is easy.
- Log into your LastPass account at www.lastpass.com and navigate to “More Options” (at the very bottom of the left sidebar menu) > “Advanced” > “Export”.
- This will take you to a page that then asks you to enter your LastPass master password for verification. Enter your LastPass master password.
- Your data will be decrypted and shown on screen in CSV format.
- Highlight all of the data on the page and copy it to your clipboard.
- Highlight all of the data with your mouse (or simply press
Ctrl + A), then right click with your mouse and select “Copy”.
There are known bugs with the LastPass exporter regarding the ampersand character (
&). The LastPass exporter may change all ampersand characters in your passwords to the value
&. If this LastPass bug affects your export you should use a text editor (such as notepad) to find/replace all values
& before importing into bitwarden.
Import your sites into bitwarden
- Go to the bitwarden web vault and log in.
- Navigate to “Tools” > “Import”.
- Select “LastPass” as the file format and paste the CSV content into the textbox that you copied to your clipboard in step 4 above.
- Click into the textbox with your mouse, then right click with your mouse and select “Paste”.
- Click the “Import” button.
Congratulations! You have just transferred all of your data from LastPass into bitwarden.