Importing your data from Google Chrome into bitwarden is easy.
Export Your Chrome Passwords
- Open Chrome and enter
chrome://flags/#password-import-export into the address bar and press enter. This will open
the Chrome system flags page.
- Look for the “Password import and export” option and change the dropdown option to “Enabled”.
- A prompt will pop up from the bottom asking you to “Relaunch Now”. Click the button to restart the browser so that the
changes can take effect.
- After relaunching the browser, enter
chrome://settings/passwords into the address bar and press enter. This will
open a window with all your saved passwords for Chrome.
- Scroll down through the list and look for the “Export” and “Import” buttons at the end of the list.
- Click the “Export” button. You’ll be prompted to enter your computer’s password for authorization.
- Once your computer’s password is entered and validated, you can save your passwords to a CSV file on your
computer. Save this file to your desktop as
Import Your Chrome Passwords Into bitwarden
- Go to the bitwarden web vault and log in.
- Navigate to “Tools” > “Import”.
- Select “Chrome (csv)” as the source and select your
chromedata.csv file from the desktop that you created in step 7
- Click the “Import” button.
Congraulations! You have just transferred all of your data from Google Chrome into bitwarden.